-20mm Recycled Concrete Base
Demolished concrete is a valuable resource material that can be suitably recycled back into various construction materials. Using recycled concrete in your next construction project eliminates the need for demolished concrete being disposed of at council land fill sites, which assists in protecting the environment from further degradation.
-20mm recycled concrete base can be supplied to;
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (NSW) – IPWEA Class R1 and R2 as guided by the “Specification
for Supply of Recycled Material for Pavements, Earthworks & Drainage” Issue No. 3.0 April 2010.
Note: All results are indicative only and to standard compaction AS1222.214.171.124:
- Maximum Dry Density – 1.83t/m3
- Maximum Wet Density – 2.10t/m3
- Optimum Moisture Content – 16.5%
- California Bearing Ratio > 80%
- Plasticity index – Non Plastic
- Unconfined Compressive Strength < 1.5MPa
- Maximum Dry Compressive Strength > 1.7MPa
- Wet Strength > 70kN
- Wet/Dry Strength Variation < 35%
- Particle Size Distribution – As per AS 12126.96.36.199
-20mm recycled concrete base is an excellent road making material.
- High quality material that compacts easily
- High load bearing strength
- Impervious to water, low shrink swell properties
- Construction activities can often continue during wet conditions
- Reducing the impact on natural resources
- Working towards an ecologically sustainable future
-20mm recycled concrete base material has many pavement construction applications.
- Subbase layer for road pavement
- Base course layer for road pavement
- Select & structural fill material
- Base course for hardstand & carpark areas
- Sub base layer under concrete diveways and footpaths
- Base course for building pads